Wytchwood site

Wytchwood Witchcraft and Magick

Thursday, April 7, 2011

My 60th Birthday Party

I know this is a “long time coming”, but I really want to share this and give thanks for all the wonderful people in my life.

On Feb 12th, 2011 my daughter and my friends gave me a 60th birthday party. It was truly wonderful and even surprising. The party started just a few minutes before I was actually 60 years here on the planet.

My coven sister Q and my daughter Betsy did a bunch of the planning, including asking folks to tell me stories about how I have been present in their lives (at least I think that was the direction, as it was what folks shared). Q and Rynn made an Isis cake that looked really cool and tasted fabulous too! Q and her husband Jordy made soup and chili, lots of folks brought drinks and OF COURSE...nearly everyone came in costume as I had requested.
We had super heroes…Bat Girl & Robin; Wonder Woman & Green Lantern; Clark Kent; magickal creatures; Lovely Ladies; Gods; cowgirls; a Cardinal; a dance hall gal; a skater; Renaissance Man; Skeleton boys; Dark Fae; Beautiful Babes ; young folks; Crone folks; little folks; classy folks and many more! We filled Betsy’s apartment to the brim and then some.
There were people I have known for 20+ years and folks I met just a few months ago and every variation in between.

After most folks had arrived; tasted the marvelous food; visited and had a drink in their hand, Q asked folks to begin the stories.

I was completely touched by all of the stories and tears came to my eyes. I laughed so hard at some of the tales that I needed to drink more champagne… such a hard life! I had no clear idea of how I have touched so many people. It seems from the stories, that I am kinder and more companionate person than I think I am. My community is amazing and my heart was so full of the love and laughter folks shared that night.
Folks brought lovely gifts, many purchased from my Wish List at Air and Fire in Boulder Creek and gifts from the Sacred Grove in Santa Cruz. Dragons LOVE presents!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dear friend Holly snatched up my camera at the beginning of the party and took more than 200 photos…so wonderful to have a photo journal of the story telling and partying folks I love! I have put names to most of the pixs in the picassa album that is linked to this post.

It has taken me far too long to post this, but here is it FINALLY!
My deepest thanks to my daughter and my coven and my dear friends. You are all a very rare gift in my life.
J’té

No comments: